We are now at 34 weeks! The doctors still are not positive that I am due as late as September 1st, but have to stick with that date because of the ultrasound, though I am measuring further along than that. So...it looks like he will be here in August.
A week ago I had to go to the doctor to get some things checked out and they did an unexpected blood sugar test. My results came back that my levels were way too high and that I should have gestational diabetes. With that came talk of an early c-section because diabetic babies are so big. Well, she sent me to get another test this past week and my sugar levels came back totally normal (praise God!), but they are still concerned about his size. So, on July 28th we are going to have an ultrasound that should predict his weight better and give an idea if they will do a c-section or not. Our prayer is just that the doctors will have the best insight and will make the right decision. I am not thrilled about getting a c-section because of the recovery time, but my brother said that it is a very basic surgery and he feels like he could do one just after watching a few, so that made me feel better.
We are sooo excited for Brady to be here!! Our good friends bought him the cutest argyle sweater vests and I can not wait to see our little boy in them :)
No comments:
Post a Comment